Solar Shades by Betterliving Patio & Sunrooms of Pittsburgh®
The most efficient way to block the heat of the sun is from the outside – before it has a chance to heat the glass windows and doors! Exterior solar shades can block the sun’s heat while still providing visibility to the outside. Betterliving Solar Shades pay for themselves year after year by reducing energy costs and protecting your furnishings from harmful UV rays that may cause fading. They also add privacy to your outdoor living space.
Watching Solar Shades in Action from inside a Betterliving Sunroom
Watching Solar Shades in Action from outside a Betterliving Sunroom
Click here for a Solar Shade Brochure
Take a Virtual Tour of our showroom
Contact Betterliving today. We offer our services to clients throughout Allegheny, Beaver, Butler, Washington, and Westmoreland Counties, as well as the surrounding areas.
- You get more glass in a sunroom than in conventional construction.
- It takes less time to build a sunroom than it takes for a stick-built room.
- Sunroom installation doesn’t disrupt your life or make a mess in your house – most stick built projects require major excavation
- Betterliving Sunrooms cost less than conventional construction of the same high quality.
- Betterliving Sunrooms will help you finance your project; most builders require you to get your own financing.
- Betterliving Sunrooms are fully engineered to meet snow and wind loads; conventional construction requires costly architectural drawings.
- Betterliving Sunroom components from Craft-Bilt are covered by a 50 year manufacturer’s warranty; stick built projects may have some individual components that are not covered under any manufacturer’s warranty.
- Betterliving uses maintenance free aluminum or vinyl for the sunroom, which won’t rot, require painting, or attract termites like the wood in stick-built sunroom construction.
- Betterliving takes care of processing all of the permits and necessary inspections; most builders require the homeowner to go through the complicated permit application process.
- Betterliving homeowners say it best: We Wish We Had Done It Sooner.
Call today and see for yourselves why a Betterliving Sunroom is the best way to add outdoor living space to your home!
Now that it’s summer, you’re probably itching to spend more time outdoors. Many people like to eat meals and relax on their patios and porches in the warmer months, but oppressive summer heat and glaring sun can make your patio uncomfortable. With a retractable awning from Betterliving Patio & Sunrooms of Pittsburgh, you can enjoy your patio all summer long in comfort.
A retractable awning in Pittsburgh, PA is an attractive addition to your patio that allows you to relax in the shade. The best part is that the awning keeps your patio several degrees cooler than the outside, providing you with a comfortable environment to eat meals, relax, and spend time with friends and loved ones. If it starts to rain, you and your things are protected.
Our retractable awnings come in both manual and motorized styles. When you’re finished enjoying your awning, it easily retracts. Our awnings can be made to fit any home décor, making them not only functional, but beautiful as well.
Our patio awnings are excellent quality and built to last, so you can enjoy this summer, and many more to come.
Don’t let the sun and heat keep you indoors this summer. Visit BetterlivingPatiosPgh.com today to find out how you can get your own stylish, retractable awning.
A sunroom is the perfect addition to any home. It adds extra space to your home, increases your home’s beauty, and allows you to enjoy the outdoors in any weather. For some people though, a beautiful new sunroom just won’t fit in the budget. That’s why Betterliving Patio & Sunrooms of Pittsburgh created our unique Starter Program.
How it Works
We install patio covers in Pittsburgh, PA and the surrounding areas that can easily be converted into a sunroom later. Enjoy the shade and shelter of a sunroom without the extra expense, and then, when your budget permits, add screens or glass windows and doors to create a beautiful new space.
What You Get
Each patio cover is made with high quality extruded aluminum with a no-maintenance baked-on enamel finish. We can install it in just a few days without using heavy equipment, which means that your landscaping will remain perfectly intact. Our patio covers are made to be durable and enjoyable on their own, while still able to be easily converted into a screen room or sunroom when the need arises.
How to Get Started
Want to take advantage of our unique sunroom starter program? Contact us at BetterlivingPatiosPgh.com today for details.
1. How do I store the awning for winter?
Retract the awning or canopy for winter. If your awning has a hanging valance, remove it by sliding it out from the front bar. Put it in a well ventilated dry area where it won’t be bothered by squirrels or mice. Don’t store it in a plastic bag, as this will trap moisture and could produce mildew.
2. Can I install the awning myself?
We recommend professional installation for your awnings, to achieve the best use and operation.
- Our awnings come with a variety of options and the best way to find out about them is to contact Betterliving Patio & Sunrooms of Pittsburgh today.
- Motor options include remote control operation, switch operation, motorized with manual capability for areas with frequent power outages, and automatic sun and wind sensors.
- Telescoping legs for extra stabilization
- Vario Valance for additional screening
- Awning light bar
- Exterior solar shades
4. How effective are the awnings at providing shade?
Awnings block 97% of the harmful UV rays. They significantly improve the comfort of your patio or deck.
5. What is the effect of awnings on my utility bills?
Awnings, canopies and shades will lower your cooling costs. In addition, the benefit of retractable awnings is that you can allow the winter sun into your home for extra warmth.
6. Can the awnings be used in the rain?
Awnings and canopies are primarily a sun shade, not a rain cover. As such, the fabric is designed to “breathe” so you don’t swelter under your awning. Our Teflon® coating helps repel moisture, but it is not waterproof. Keeping the awning extended during a heavy rain will cause water to collect in the fabric and could cause the awning to collapse.
7. Key Parts of a Betterliving Awning